NDP Notes of meeting Wednesday 19th February 2014

Notes taken at the meeting of the Burghill Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group on Wednesday 19th February 2014 at 7.p.m. at 2014 at Burghill Valley Golf Club.

• Apologies : Mike Buffey

• Present: Anthony Vaughan (Chairman), Councillor Sally Robertson, David King, Heather Worth, Joanna Helme, Harriet Gordon, Bernie Green, Alan Stokes, Janette Pudsey. Sean Lashley, a new member, was welcomed to the Steering Group.

• Notes of last meeting:
• Awards for All application for £10K has been made – result pending
• Quote from planning consultants Kirkwells , like to be around £5K. There is a difficulty in finding any other consultants with the experience or expertise in Neighbourhood plans. If you hear of any, please advise the Chairman.

• Mike Buffey has had to give up his secretarial duties for the group due to his wife’s ill health. Joanna has offered to take notes at meetings in the meantime but would be very happy if there were any other volunteers to help with this.

• Flyers for 4 March meeting are now out all distributed. Notice of the meeting is on the website, will be in the March edition of the Parish Magazine and will be on the parish notice boards.

• Meeting on 4 March:
• Sally to chair.
• People will be asked to register as they arrive. Janette and Harriet to see to this.
• The meeting will start with a short presentation, (20mins)explaining what a Neighbourhood Plan is and the advantages of having one, as well as the process involved, in terms of consultations, referendum etc. David was concerned that the change in ‘status’ of Tillington and Tillington Common should be highlighted. It was suggested that some pages from the questionnaire could be displayed as part of Sally’s Powerpoint presentation. She will send round a resume of her introduction.
• This will be followed by a tea/coffee break of about 20mins, allowing people to discuss ideas raised by the presentation and look at the display.
• After the break, the Steering Group will come and sit at the front and be introduced. It was suggested it would be helpful if they wore name labels. The meeting will end with a question and answer session.
• David and Anthony to prepare a small display, including enlarged pages of relevant sections of the Draft Core Strategy and of the questionnaire.
• Written questions will be allowed and paper will be available for these.
• It would be good to recruit someone from Tillington Common to join the Steering Group.

• Wednesday morning sessions at CAP working well.

• The following have agreed to visit the following groups to spreading the word and encourage people to become involved, especially by taking part in the questionnaire.
• Joanna: School
• Bernie: Golf Club, Pub, Scouts
• Sally: WI, Youth Group, Retirement
• Heather: Bridge Club
• Janette: management group at St. Mary’s

• Questionnaire distribution
• It was agreed that we should distribute one per household but that a household could request more than one if they wished.
• We will probably need a print run of 700-1000. It was suggested we start with the smaller number and reprint if needed.
• More distributors are needed. It was felt that some people might be reluctant to actually engage with people on their doorsteps and that in some case (e.g. St. Mary’s Park) it would be helpful to have 2 or 3 people doing it at the same time.
• Timetable: Delivery starts Friday 21st March and should be completed by Tuesday 1st April. Questionnaires should be completed by 15th April, and returned to Heather at Tillington Stores or to the CAP, if not collected by the distributors. Distributors will make their own arrangements about collection with those they deliver to.

• Analysis of Questionnaire returns: This could be done by ourselves but will be both laborious and time-consuming. If we are successful with our Lottery Grant, we would be able to afford to ask the consultants to do it. A decision on this was deferred.

• Questionnaire: David was thanked for all the hard work he has put into the Questionnaire, which is very near its final form. It was agreed that the sections on ‘Aims and Purposes’ should be changed to ask responders to pick out 5 things from the list that were of major importance to them.

• AOB: David raised an issue regarding the basis on which villages had been defined in the Draft Core Strategy, having analysed the Background Papers. It was agreed that he would produce a paper summarising this for the Steering Group to consider further. Anthony said that it was right that we should look at this and reach a conclusion that we should refer to the Parish Council at the appropriate time.
• Next meeting: March 19th 7pm at Burghill Valley Golf Club