Wednesday 10th September 2014 at 7.30pm in the Simpson Hall
Present: Mark Ellis (chair), Martin Doughty, Pat Groves, Antoinette Powell, David Bishop, David Warren,
Bernie Green, Sue Rix, Jeanette Pudsey, Dilys Price, Alan Stokes
In attendance: Hazel Philpotts (parish clerk), Joanna Helme (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group)
1. Apologies for absence received from: Alister Walshe, Rosemary Lloyd, Roger Davies, Ian Watkins
2. Declarations of interest made by David Warren finance PCC and CAP, David Bishop PCC finance),
3. Minutes of meeting held on 9th July 2014 accepted as an accurate record of the meeting (proposed by Pat Groves, seconded by David Warren).
4. Public participation – no public presence
5. Neighbourhood Plan – update from Steering Group (SG) by Joanna Helme – questionnaire analysis completed, report to be circulated. Useful document to take forward to the next stage. Number of sites for development put forward, some very small, other larger parcels of land, SG is currently considering and rating each proposal, week after next two meetings for SG to discuss and agree prioritisation and agree which have potential as development sites. On 15th and 16th November public options days to be held to provide information on sites and look at overarching ideas that have been obtained. SG proposes to use planning consultants to draw up final document.
6. Planning applications update circulated and noted. Update 24 Hospital Houses application has been refused by HC.
7. Report from Ward Councillor Sally Robertson – previously circulated via email by SR (HP to let SR have an updated email list for parish councillors) Action owner HP Dead-line 19.10.14
8. Police Report – CSOs Elena Ekanite and Dean Wall attended the meeting and reported that increased patrols were being undertaken due to complaints regarding speeding, especially around the school area, working with SR regarding speed enforcement and measures to reduce problems with speeding. Another fatal accident on Canon Pyon Road, just before Tillington Court Farm; SR will be given more details. Councillors reported seeing an itinerant person regularly in the area; Police know of him, a homeless person who gets moved on quite regularly, Police will keep an eye on him.
9. Highways and Footpaths
a) Highway defects – SR and MD have met with Balfour Beatty’s locality steward regarding road issues, BB has commenced surveying. Issues on bridle way coming down to A4110 debris washing down from bridle way onto the road, MD is trying to find out who owns the lane and would be responsible for re-surfacing. Awaiting steps and stiles.
b) Work for the lengthsman: trimming back unadopted road through Broom Hill Farm to Upper House Farm, near the cricket club.
c) SID (speed indication device) update, MD confirmed that the PC has to wait 12 months from the date of the Awards for All grant for the Neighbourhood Plan being confirmed before another application can be submitted for additional SID equipment.
10. Commons update – Tillington Common hay crop no longer required, clerk to arrange for cutting with flail mower by end of September. Action owner HP Dead-line 30.09.14
Following payments were approved:
clerk’s salary and expenses £820.30
Neighbourhood Plan SG expenses reimbursement: A Vaughan £91.67, D King £18.32
Gloucestershire Rural Community Council (Neighbourhood Plan) £1140.00
Running Imp (Community Games medals) £107.07
Infinity ITS Hereford (PC laptop data back-up) £93.54
Simpson Hall (room hire) £22.50
Burghill PCC (parish magazine £400 and churchyard maintenance £450) £850.00
Simpson Hall Management Committee £100.00
Burghill Scouts and Guides £150.00
Paintpots Playgroup £150.00
Burghill CAP £500.00
Citizens Advice Bureau £100.00