Shared Ownership Housing

 Herefordshire Housing have 2 x 3 bedroom Shared Ownership houses for sale on the development site in Burghill opposite the golf course.   The criteria is for local connection before anything else.   The houses are proving VERY popular so Herefordshire Housing are offering the parish of Burghill 30 days to come forward before they look at other candidates.    If interested, please either call them on 0300 777 4321 or email

Burghill NDP

Local residents support the Burghill NDP.    84.9% voted for the plan to be used by Herefordshire Council in determining planning applications in the parish.    To see the actual results, please go to the NDP section of this website.

Annual Canvass 2018

Annual Canvass 2018

Herefordshire’s Annual Canvass started on Monday 16th July. The purpose of the Canvass is to compile an accurate Electoral Register for use in 2018/19.

The Canvass will happen in a similar way to previous years. This means that every property in the county will be sent a “Household Enquiry Form”. This form will show all members of the household that are registered to vote. The form MUST be checked and completed, whether there are changes or not – it’s the law!

To make the return of these forms as easy as possible they can be completed using several different methods:

  1. By phone 08082 841448 (only if no changes)
  2. By text 07786 209348 (only if no changes)
  3. Online (changes can be made)
  4. By post envelope sent with form (changes can be made)

N.B. Anyone in the Household aged 18 or over, can complete this – they will need the two security numbers to do this, which are printed on the form.

All response methods are free of charge to the householder. However it is cheaper for Herefordshire Council if one of the electronic methods is used, as the paper returns cost more to process. Full and clear instructions are on the forms.

Any resident aged 18 or over can complete the form on behalf of the whole household.


Whilst each household must complete their form, this process will NOT register to vote any new people. These new people MUST also register themselves to vote individually.

The simplest way to do this is online at All they need to register is their date of birth and National Insurance number.

If you have any questions, here are our contact details:

Contact details:

Herefordshire Council Electoral Services: phone – 01432 260107

email –

Subject Access Request Form


Subject Access Request Form

Under the Data Protection Act you have a statutory right to request confirmation that the council is processing your data and to request to see information held on you by that organisation.

You also have the right to be told:

  • the purposes of and legal basis for the processing;
  • the categories of personal data concerned;
  • the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has
    been disclosed;
  • the period for which the personal data is to be held;
  • that you have rights to rectification and erasure of personal data where, for example, factual information has been recorded incorrectly;
  • that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office and the contact details of the Commissioner;
  • any information about the origin of the personal data concerned.

This information is likely to be available in general terms within our privacy notices, however you can request it in addition to any request to see your records.

To request to see your records, please complete this form, read and sign the declaration and then send the completed form to Burghill Parish Council.

To ensure proper security, the parish council must be sure of your identity before complying with a subject access request. To confirm your identity, we need to see an official document with a photograph, such as a driving licence or a passport.

If you are making the request on behalf of another individual to access their information, we will need written consent from the individual to whom the data relates as well as your proof of identity.

If you have legal authorisation to act on behalf of an individual, such as if you act with power of attorney or as a litigation friend, you will need to provide a copy of that authorisation to evidence it.

We can refuse your request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, such as if it is repetitive. We will explain why we consider your request to be manifestly unfounded or excessive if we do refuse it.


1.      Details of the person making the request





First name(s):  








Any other names that you have been known by  





Date of Birth:











Daytime tel no:





Email address:







2.      Are you requesting information about yourself?


If Yes


Please go to section 4
If No


If you are making the request on behalf of another person you must enclose with the request a signed authority from them to do so. If you are making the application because the data subject lacks capacity to make the application in their own right please outline your authority to make the application in their stead (for example, Power of Attorney). You should enclose a copy of any evidence that you may have of that authority. The Council will contact you if further evidence is required. (please complete section 3)
3.      Details of the Data Subject (if requesting information on behalf of someone else)







First name(s):










Date of Birth:














Daytime tel no:





Email address:





Relationship to Data Subject  





4.      Describe the information you are requesting.
If you are only seeking certain records, it would be helpful for us to know which types of record you are seeking, any time period to cover, and if you would like to see only specific document(s). Please describe these below with as much detail as you can.















I certify that the information given on this form is true and correct.

Signed:                                                                                  Date:


 Return Address

Burghill Parish Council

Willow House




If as a result of the response to your request you are dissatisfied with the way we are using your personal information you should raise the matter with the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted via the address above. We will do everything we can to put the matter right if the council has not processed your data correctly. You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose web site is

We only use the information that you provide for us to process your request. We may need to share that you have made a request with other organisations if we hold information about you that they have supplied and we need to consult with those organisations regarding release of the information to you. Records of requests will be kept for 6 years after the closure of the request for operational, statistical and audit purposes.