Parish Council Small Grants Scheme
Over many years now the Parish Council has made small grants available to organisations which support our local community. The budget is funded through the Council’s precept. In a few months’ time we will be starting the process of settling our budget for the 2021/22 financial year. We would, therefore, invite local organisations to submit any grant application to the Parish Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of September this year. This will allow for the proposals to be considered and if they are successful, to ensure they are budgeted for. We will let organisation know the outcome of the process early next year.
Any submitted proposals will be judged against the following criteria:
- Is the purpose of the grant request clear?
- Will it be spent within the 2021/22 financial year?
- Will it benefit local parishioners?
- Is there an alternative source of funding?
- Is the body asking for the grant sound, from a probity perspective and does it have appropriate safeguarding policies in place?
Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss a potential application.
Paulette Scholes, Clerk to Burghill Parish Council